NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lucky Day 13 - Aneela Hooey & Day 12 - Blackbird Designs

Sorry I missed posting yesterday but I was in Kansas City all day with my Girl Gang. One of the things we did was take a sneek peek at the 2011-12 Girl Gang quilt "Sampler Spree". I don't do a lot of quilts with pieced blocks because I like my blocks to have something to say about what's going on in my life. They need to mean something to me. But this year I found quite a few that did. The pinwheel block stands for my friend Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co. Jenny taught me how to get four 2" finished triangle squares out of two 5" charm squares. Wow! The basket blocks always stand for quilting and the log cabin block is an obvious favorite. 2011 is the 150th anniversary of the start of the Civil War and that is represented with the Lincoln's Platform block. The wheel block stands for travel and my trip to France this spring to visit the great people at Quiltmania.


So here's the quilt in tan. In color my quilt is made from our latest fabric line "Together" and Linda and my Classic Wovens. I hope you can find a Gang shop near you so you can make the quilt. If not, email us at janpatekquilts@yahoo.com and we'll see what we can do to help you.

Then hop on over to the UK and visit with Aneela Hoey's. She didn't have a booth at Market so there's no recipe card but she does have the instructions on how to make this darling "Tissue Box". The name of her blog is Comfort Stitching. How neat! Kind of says a lot about her doesn't it. :)


And then if you were really busy yesterday too, take a moment to visit with Barb and Alma of Blackbird designs. Their new fabric line Blueberry Crum Cake looks scrumptious and Alma has instructions to make this great Huswife.

1 comment:

  1. That girl gang quilt looks like it will be awesome. I like how you associated each block with you experiences.

    ReplyDelete